Friday 8 January 2016

Just a little introduction to me and my blog

I am hapilly married to Amy Newport, who is not only my partner in life, she is the person I laugh with and cry with, the one who's sentences I finish and who's mind I can read, she is also my full time carer.

I have two nephews who I adore; Brandon and Bradley. They were given to me by my one and only sibling; my sister Kerry and lucky for me I still have both my parents but sadly none of my grandparents. I also have a very crazy but lazy Labrador; Laddy.

I have a few aunts, uncles and lots of cousins who are all, pretty much, wonderful and some lovely friends too.

I recently raised money, almost £14,000, for stem cell replacement therapy in the USA as a hopeful treatment for my extremely rare illness Melkersson Rosenthal Syndrome.

It takes a year to reach full potential, it has only been eight months, it is not a cure but a treatment as prior to that I was considering Dignitas, legal assisted suicide, in Switzerland, as my life was unlivable to me.

I have started seeing some positive improvements but I will need to raise the money to have this treatment one more time, in a few years.

To raise awareness of my illness I have started this blog, been on TV, in newspapers and on the radio and will continue to do everything in my power to help myself and my fellow MRS sufferers. Not to mention all those with rare, debilitating illnesses.

I don't want to give up on life and I don't want life to give up on me.

Please keep following my blog and sharing it with others, thankyou :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment